The most difficult times can produce the greatest spiritual blessings. God truly knows just what we need at every moment!
Wednesday, September 03, 2014
10 Sins That Must Be Confessed Before Receiving the Holy Eucharist
Fr. Hollowell: Should You Stop Receiving Holy Communion?
You can’t receive the Eucharist if you’ve:
1) Missed a weekend or Holy Day Mass without a valid reason
2) Having sex outside of marriage, with yourself (masturbation) or someone else
3) desecrated the Eucharist
4) haven’t been to confession in a year
5) Use artificial birth control – condoms, pills, patches, IUD’s, etc
6) sponsor or help in any way with an abortion or any destruction of an embryo
9) Lust after someone
10) Pride, Greed, Sloth, Envy
etc. etc. The list is not exhaustive, and any sin that we have meditated on before hand, understood its gravity and still chosen to do it can be a deadly sin.
Blogger Note: Numbers 8 through 10 would depend mostly upon the gravity of the sin.
Don’t step out of bounds…and by all means…if you do…get back in bounds through confession! Don’t desecrate the Eucharist and receive it as some sort of prize you’ve earned simply by showing up for Mass!