The most difficult times can produce the greatest spiritual blessings. God truly knows just what we need at every moment!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

5 Sunday of Easter – A

The Truth ... extremely dangerous word. Pilate was afraid of the truth, when Christ stood before him. Also were afraid of the Truth: high priest Annas and Caiaphas, and the Pharisees, and Sadducees, scribes and priests in the temple ... and those for whom Christ was uncomfortable.

They were afraid of the TRUTH all the totalitarian leaders and autocrats.

They were afraid and still are afraid of the Truth politicians, but also small everyday liars. The truth does not cease to haunt all those who miss it.

He who in his own words is true, Jesus Christ, before Pilate clearly states: "For this I was born and for this I came into the world, to bear witness to the truth.

I'm afraid of - the Truth ... and perhaps especially this little truth about myself - I too ... I do not want to accept it, because it exposes my petty-mindedness, the Truth tears off my mask and makeup.

Some are trying to drown it, others to kill it, or muzzle. Still others pretend that it doesn't exist. For all those who are uncomfortable with the truth – the only one solution is relativism, and individualism …

Some people try to avoid it diplomatically, to dispose of a smile of pity or brutally close the truth's mouth, or yell, drown out the slogans, music, or even cleverly manipulated with quotes from Scripture.

There are those who did not want to hear about truth and neglect it in irony, mockery, scorn, ridicule, demonstrating that it does not exist ... that is relative, it depends on the system, on the situation, the culture, my health and many other "objective factors".

And Christ is the Truth; He is a signpost on the road, the road leading to the life. Christ is the truth that leads to Life. He is the True Way of Life. He is the Way in the Truth to Eternal Life.

He repeated constantly: "If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and ye shall know the truth and the truth will make you free." (John 8:32) And maybe because we are not free, we do not want to know the truth? Perhaps, because there is no life in us that we escape from the truth? And what is my relationship to the truth?

Jesus to say, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life."

Just eight words but arguably the most important words spoken in the 5000 years of recorded history.

Thomas a Kempis wrote in the 15th century:

"Without the Way, there is no going. Without the Truth, there is no knowing. Without the Life, there is no living."

And what about you and me? Do we know the Way we are going in our lives? Do you know the ultimate Truth? Are these: Truth and the Way leading you to the eternal Life?

No comments: